Tuesday 8 September 2015

How Paul McCartney waved at me

9th of July 2015. Stockholm, Sweden.


Each day just goes so fast, I turn around it's past. Two years since I've been to Paul's concert for the first time passed by and I didn't even notice. When we bought tickets to one of the Out There concerts in Stockholm something about 2 months in advance, I knew new adventure was going to happen. I also knew this time I had to do something more than just to go to the concert. My love for them was growing more and more each day and I wanted to get closer to Paul.
I started to think of things to do and I found many blogs giving advice how to meet Paul at limo watch or I saw people who got invited to the stage because of their interesting signs. So I was well informed how to meet him and although my seats weren't close to the stage, I also tried the sign thing.

When I flew more than 1000 miles to Stockholm I felt happy but kind of sad as well. I was stressed that I was expecting too much while probably nothing would happen. But then one thing came to my mind: If I really want it, I have to do everything for it. I did a crazy and spontaneous thing. Brian Ray, Paul's guitarist always looked likeable to me, so I decided to contact him if he could help me. After couple of hours I actually received a reply from him! I couldn't believe he was so nice. He told me to come at the place near big trucks around 5 pm if I want to meet Paul, although he apologized he couldn't help me more than that. But just the fact that he replied made me so happy.
I also got my special t-shirt done for the concert again, saying ,,There is nobody like Sir James PAUL MCCARTNEY", which I felt proud about.

It was hard to sleep the night before the concert. During the day D I was very tired so I slept for almost the whole day and then, in the afternoon I went to the stadium at something around 3 pm. I had no idea where to go. What trucks? I couldn't see anything like that. When I saw a young security guy I decided to ask him if he could advice me. He told me to go at the total opposite side of the stadium. I ran there like crazy and when I came there, there were something about 10 people wearing Beatles shirts and trying to speak to Paul's staff.
An old man with nice smile and beautiful British accent suddenly appeared. It was Paul's manager! He adviced us all where to go. People around didn't believe him. They thought he just wanted us to go away. But I knew who he was! At each blog I read, they wrote you should trust him because he gives precious advice. So some of us went to stand at the place he told us to. I got to the first line and while standing there, I wanted to meet some Beatles fans so I introduced myself to a Swedish girl that stood near me. She was so nice and we still talk to this day. We have one special moment connecting us! As we were waiting, we were talking about what kind of car we think Paul will come by, we thought every luxury car that was going by was his and got excited. There were security men walking around, always calling someone and I knew in few minutes I will see my hero. When his manager came near to show the rider of Paul's car where to park, we started screaming. Paul, sitting in the back opened his window and waved at us!!! I'm not sure if I had an eye contact with him because it was only few seconds but I think I did. We all screamed ,,We love you Paul!" or ,,Thank you Paul!" loudly. We waved and were living one of the most amazing moments of our lives! I felt so happy and excited. He then got out the car and played his air bass as he always does. Then he sent us air kiss and waved. He was so good looking and full of energy as always. 

Me and Paul!!!





The only thing to wait for now was the concert. It was so cool to see Beatlemaniacs all around there. I wanted to tell to all of them Paul McCartney just waved at me!
I bought a fab t-shirt with Paul's photo and finally went to the stadium. At first they didn't want to let me in because my sign was too big. Then I put it together to a little piece and I knew I had no chance to be picked up because not only was I sitting quite far, but my sign was now crumpled. 











When we came inside I felt so nice. The stadium wasn't that big so I was closer to the stage than I thought. I couldn't wait to see Paul again. The minutes of waiting passed somehow, although very slowly and after a show with pictures of his life and DJ playing Beatles songs the one and only Paul came. It felt special even it wasn't my first time.
What can I say about the concert? It was perfect. Marvellous. I was amazed. Hearing him, seeing him enjoying life feels so good. I guess every Beatles fan who has been to his concert exactly knows what I'm talking about.
When he asked if there are any people from different country than Sweden, only few of us shouted. It was so much fun and I felt proud. I didn't cry as much as at the first concert; I'm older now and not that emotional and this time I knew what to expect. Although I, of course, cried mostly when he played 'Here Today', 'Maybe I'm amazed', 'The long and winding road', 'Let it be' and 'Something'. It's always so sad when I realize his two close friends can't be here with him anymore and the love of his life neither. He also played a song for Nancy and Ringo, what a gentleman and warm-hearted man! 

























I can't believe he is 73. He is so positive and full of energy. I loved his set list. It was perfect for Beatles and Wings fans too! Although he didn't invite me to the stage (he actually didn't invite anyone), I felt so fortunate. This was the best day of my life and I wish it to each one of you. If you get a chance to see him, don't waste it. Try to do limo watch too. You will never regret nor forget.

In beautiful Stockholm a day after the concert
My fab shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment