Thursday 19 November 2015

Liverpool: Day 4

Oh, my dear Liverpool!
The last (but only for this time!)  day I was going to spend in you brought sadness, but also hapiness to my heart. I was so happy that I had a chance to feel your greatness but also sad I was going to leave you soon.
But there were still some places I went to visit, so let's talk about them!



First of them was the childhood home of the quiet, youngest, beautiful, wise Beatle. Yes, George! The famous 12 Arnold Grove. I couldn't wait to see the place where he was born an also spent first six years of his life. Such a precious place!
The house was pretty much far away from the city centre, but it was worth it.
I knew George wasn't a rich young boy, so I wasn't surprised by the area he was born in. Yes, it looked poor and a bit dirty, but my target was the house at the end of the quiet street which meant so much to me.


I've seen that house many times on the pictures, but when you see it live it's almost breathtaking. Just realise little George was born here!

As I was looking at it and thinking, some young boy actually opened the door. I couldn't believe it! So some people actually really live there now, I wonder if they realise how lucky they are? The guy was obviously used to tourists and fanatics.
A bit later, man from the next house stepped out of his house and I asked him if he knew George. He started talking extemely fast and, of course, in British accent, so I didn't understand much. But he smiled and looked nice, if I'm not right, he said something in the way that we should visit him the next time we come there. Such nice people.


The next stop was St Pete Church, where John and Paul first met! I was looking forward to go there extraordinarily.


The first thing I found in its area was the grave of Eleanor Rigby.

Afterwards, I was trying to find the place where John performed with The Quarrymen, but it was pretty hard. I didn't have much time and I had no idea how to find it.
I asked some elderly man, who was very happy to help me. He adviced to me around the corner, but I didn't believe him much. He looked like he didn't understand me well, so I was doubting it. But I tried to go where he told me to and when I came there, I immediately started crying. I promised myself I won't cry much in Liverpool, but couldn't take it at this place anymore.


Having a weird face because of crying. 

So this was the place where my heroes first met! Admit it, wouldn't you cry as well? Although I didn't find the place where The Quarrymen performed, this was even better.

And here it came. Later on, I was heading to The Beatles Story for a meeting where they invited me. As you may already know, I'm a Beatles Story ambassador for Slovakia. I was nervous, happy, full of expectations. 
When I came to the place at the time we settled up with The Beatles Story workers, I asked for them on the reception. They welcomed me nicely, looking very likeable, full of positive energy. We went to sit to The Beatles Story café and one of them, the journalist, started to interview me. He asked everything about my Beatles life. I felt like a celebrity! 



After the interview, I went to The Beatles Story exhibiton itself. I have it for free as an ambassador and my family too! We enjoyed it so much. It was the last thing in Liverpool we went to see, so I appreciated the last moments a lot. And there was no better way to spend these last hours in Liverpool than in the fabulous Beatles Story. It's all prepared wonderfully there. I don't think any big fan of The Beatles will come of there without any tears. 




Every visitor gets a headset from which you listen to Julia Lennon's voice. She speaks about the fab four very nicely as she accompanies you through the musem. You get a lot of interesting information, although I usually knew all of the things. 
There are amazing stuff such as remake of The Cavern, original guitars, beautiful pictures, remake of Cavern, some of their original clothes and so on.


We all live in the Yellow Submarine






 

The White room was the one where I cried. The original John's piano which he played just couple hours before his death touched me a lot. It's such a strong experience and I hope each of you will have a change to see it one day. 
The Beatles Story definitely fulfilled my expectations and I will come back as soon as possible.



And so we took the bus to the John Lennon Airport. My emotions were so mixed. Happy? Sad? Both. But we should all appreciate just the fact we were given an opportunity to do, visit or see certain things. We can still come back. Well, hopefully!

The airport is just so beautiful. They truly still appreciate their boys. Big pictures on the walls of boys in India or quotes from John's songs. How amazing is that?






I've always wanted to see John's statue there, but the zone where the statue is was prohibited, because they were repairing something there. I asked a worker of the airport if I could go up there and take a pic with Johnny and she gladly allowed. Woohoo!
Trying to be cool like Lennon

 When I went to look to a little room where you can come and pray, not depending on which religion are you, there was this beautiful thing:



Isn't that beautiful? It doesn't matter which religion are you, it's hard not to love Johnny. 
It was time to set up for the flight back home. Leaving my favourite city was so hard and emotional. I had tears in my ears and I didn't want to go away. I now miss Liverpool a lot, but I just hope to come back. It's a special place for every Beatlemaniac. And not only for Beatlemaniacs. Although the air there is filled with our boys, it's a beautiful city not just because of them.  The architecture, people, monuments. I loved everything about it. As Prince Albert said : ,,I have heard of the greatness of Liverpool, but the reality far surpasses the expectation." I feel just the same.
I was leaving with my dreams fulfilled.



Bye, bye, my dream city.







No comments:

Post a Comment