Saturday 5 December 2015

Reasons to love Liverpool+ many photos

I've always loved Britain. I've always liked the architecture, culture, calm people, rainy days, the accent, people talking about the weather, the tradition of monarchy, big green parks and brick houses. I've been to London twice before going to Liverpool, and I have to say Liverpool has touched me even more.
Of course,  The Beatles were the main reason why I loved it, but later I found out it's not just that. 

Here are ten reasons  why to love this city:
1) It is so good for living in. There are not too many people, nor lack of them. A normal amount of tourists and an accurate extent. When can I move?
2) The parks. Oh yes! The city isn't even that big to have so many beautiful big parks. But there are lots of them. There's nothing more beautiful than sitting there when the sun comes up.
3) People are so nice. Really. I've written this hundred times before, but it's just true. Everyone is smiley, willing to help and kind. 
4) You are in a city and at the same time you can see a big port. Watching the sunset on the water looks perfect. Sometimes you feel like in Monaco. But this is better.
5) The architecture. Yes, the city centre is beautiful, but the surroundings with beautiful brick houses are magic. 
6) Students. I felt like Liverpool really is a students city. There is an area with halls of residence, school, many young people. You often meet students from all around the world which feels great. Liverpool is also said to be the best Britain's city for night life. The city in the night is so pretty and also full of life.
7) People of Liverpool actually love their city. I've met many people who felt so happy to live there and said they want to live there forever.
8) FC Liverpool. When there's a match, many people are passionate and the city is proud of the team.
9) Scouse. This accent is epic. At first I was like what? But then I started to understand and I find this accent the coolest on the Earth.
10) THE BEATLES! Everywhere. As a tourist from Slovakia who came there just because of them this is the most important one, but I've never thought I'd fall in love with this city itself, not just because of the four boys. Coming to John Lennon Airport, going to The Cavern, seeing their pictures everywhere, visiting Beatles Story, their childhood houses is a dream of every Beatlemaniac. I still didn't manage to go to every Beatles connected place I wanted to see. There are too many of them. I appreciate Liverpool for appreciating The Beatles to this day!

If you're considering a trip to Britain, don't forget to visit Liverpool. You'll experience some pretty magical days! 

I've taken many photos as a crazy tourist, so here you are:












For more pictures from Beatles related places, check my other posts.

1 comment: