Friday 11 December 2015

Our Johnny

The newspapers, TV, radio and all the media around have fed us with sad articles and reports about John the recent days. The reason is simple. It's been 35 years since our hero passed away. I think many people were interested in reading about the last days of his life, or see how the world remembered him on this sad day. But how did we, Beatles fanatics and big lovers of this talented man feel deep inside?

I'm sure each one of you misses John just like I do. It's pretty hard to watch these reports without crying a bit. These are the moments when you realise that your idol is still loved by so many people and not forgotten at all. I would do anything to see him live just for few seconds, but I didn't even have a chance to live during the period of his life. What I'm thankful for is that I found The Beatles and fell in love one pretty day. My life wouldn't be the same now.

John Winston Lennon is one of the most important people in my life, which some people may found weird because yes, I've never met him and I can't know what was he like in the real life. But I don't think a person who wrote such songs as Imagine or Love can have some kind of a bad soul. We all know John was no saint and he did so many things that upset many people, including me. I remember when I first read about him hiting Cynthia or being arrogant, but now I all get it. Who am I to judge others, and how would I act if I spent my childhood with my aunt, or became worldwide famous when I'd be so young?

I think this day shouldn't be only about crying. Yes, we all feel the sadness on the 8th of December, but we should rather celebrate his life and remember all the wonderful things he had done. His music, words, quotes, lyrics, jokes and everything else. He inspired many people to live better and more peaceful lives, helped us with his music and wise words and that's something that stays on this planet forever.

He is and always will be my favourite musician that has ever been here. Nobody has ever touched me so much with their music, voice or lyrics. It didn't take long till I realized all of my Beatles favourite songs are written by him. I also like his solo career the most and can't really imagine a day without listening to it.  His voice has always been a special category. John didn't like it, and I never understood why. I find it perfect, it can always make me feel calm and happy.
But his music life wasn't the only thing he was so famous for. He did many peaceful activities and I appreciate him for that. He was never afraid of telling his opinion, even when it could have bad consequences. He wrote a book, brought us the best kind of humour. His humour is just something you have to love. Always brightens up our days.

I know lots of people have their heros, but this one is a special one, because he doesn't only make your mood better, he inspires you on your life journey and you never feel alone.
And oh, a bonus. He is the most attractive person I have ever seen!

Lennon changed lives of many people and he is trully missed all around the planet. 8th December
1980 brought tears to many eyes, and sometimes I think of how would John feel if he lived now and saw all the horrible things that happen on daily basis. He would be extremely disappointed. That's another reason why he is so missed these days. He would try to do something about it. I'm not sure if he'd suceed, but what I know for sure is that this world would be a better place in many ways if the disaster never happened.
Why?

Love you forever, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment