Friday 18 September 2015

Liverpool: Day 1 (First impressions)

One sweet dream. 
Pick up the bags and get in the limousine! Soon we'll be away from here, step on the gas and wipe that tear away...
One sweet dream came true today.
Came true... Today.
Came true... Today.
Yes, it did!

The day I've been waiting for such a long time. Dreaming of going to the city where it all started used to be on a daily basis of my life. And the dream really came true.

12th of september, 2015.
The first day I breathed the air of Liverpool was of course a travelling day.
I made sure I had everything I needed: my list of Beatles related places I wanted to visit, maps, camera, Beatles shirts, warm clothes, a big smile on my face and then I started to live my adventure with my family on a cloudy, but very happy day. 
At first, we had to go to the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava, to get to the airport. When we came there and I saw Liverpool in departures I became to be really excited. I wanted to be there as soon as possible. Just waiting for the plane with British people and British accent everywhere around me made me feel so good. 
Our flight was a night one which was so beautiful and even more exciting. During these two and half hours, I listened to our boys' music and kept watching the time on my phone because I couldn't wait to finally be there. 
When we started to land, I could see many lights of British cities and I got so inspired. I really love big cities, lights, and when I realised the one below me is probably Liverpool it was the most beautiful and unexplainable feeling ever.

So, finally there we were! We get off the plane and felt the cold British weather which I actually like and went to the passport control. To get there, we went through a room full of beautiful pictures of Liverpool. I loved it and had to take a photo!

My first contact with a person from Liverpool was at the passport control. At first, I was scared I won't understand Liverpool accent or something, but the man checking my ID was my first and definitely not last amazing impression of this city. A kind, ginger, young man, asking me in a friendly way, trying to speak slowly, who I was with, for how long was I there, how was I going to get to the city centre at such a time etc. He was so nice, as all the other people I met in Liverpool. Friendly, willing people to help, but I'll tell you all about it later!
What could be a more heavenly sign on the airport for a Beatlemaniac than the one saying Welcome to Liverpool John Lennon Airport?  You could feel during the first minutes that you were in the city where they appreciate The Beatles and where you can still feel them in the air. I started taking pictures of the sign because it made me feel like in a dream. If you told me I'll go to Liverpool a year ago, I'd probably just laugh. And now I was there. 


Getting off the airport was so cool, as the first thing I saw was a big Yellow Subamarine right in front of the airport. Isn't that the most brilliant thing ever?
When I turned back, I saw another precious thing. A big beautiful sign melting my heart. John Lennon airport sounds like a heaven for his fans and I felt so proud of John. It's weird because he wasn't my family member or anything but I always feel proud of Fab four when I see something like that.

We got to the city by a fab typical black old British taxi. The driver started to talk to us about weather. Typical. His accent was so hard to understand but I liked it a lot! We went through lovely suburb of Liverpool with wonderful brick houses, trees, bloody green grasses, old buildings that I found so amazing. I've always had this thing with brick walls and historic buldings which I prefer much more than the modern ones. 
I was so tired but so so happy. When I think of it now, I realise how lucky I was and how great I felt. 

We got to the hotel and the first thing I could see was a big picture of The Beatles on the wall while the hotel wasn't even Beatles related! That is the city where they still feel proud of their boys everywhere and everytime! 
Falling asleep was so hard and so beautiful at the same time. I was looking forward to the next day full of seeing The Beatles places too much and when I told myself: ,,I'm really in Liverpool now!'', it surely felt better than any dream I was about to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment