Sunday 6 September 2015

Trip to London

November 2012. London.

City that has touched me the most in my short life so far. My family that came here with me to make one of my dreams come true. I've always liked British culture, so obviously I liked London. It's a beautiful, big city full of different people, shops, restaurants, historical and modern buldings, brick walls, monuments and tourists. Streets full of people going somewhere, while not all of them realise this is the city where the precious music of the best band in the world has been recorded. I only came there for few days so I didn't go to all of the places on my list. I wanted to see many Beatles related homes, streets and many more but I only went to the most important places for now.



 
Wall in front of the studio
 
First of them was of course Abbey Road. When I got out the underground on St John's Wood station I could see this is the part of the city where I wanted to go! There was a Beatles Coffee shop right at the station. After some minutes I came to my dream place and for some seconds I just stood there and stared at it like a weirdo! It's amazing to see Abbey Road is still full of people who came here to make a crossing photo and to see where was it all happening. There were really lots of people and it was hard to take a good picture but I made it. The moment when I went through crossing that John, Paul, George and Ringo crossed many times was so unbelievable. I felt so good. Abbey Road Studios building was glamurous! I loved it. The whole place affected me a lot. Just realising something I need to hear every day was recorded there. 


Me in front of Abbey Road Studios
Me crossing Abbey Road
Next stop was Cavendish Avenue 9, Paul McCartney's house. At first I thought I must have been at the wrong place because there was nobody taking photos, standing there and when I asked a woman where exactly is that place while going there she had no idea what I was talking about. Then I asked some man who was washing his car near Paul's house if that was really Paul's house and he said yes! I was wondering if Paul was at home. I was imagining all the moments when John, George or Ringo were coming there for a visit or to write songs. It was crazy! And I have to say the whole street was very beautiful. This part of London was probably my favourite, not just because of Abbey Road and Paul's house. 
Paul's house

The next and last Beatles stop was Beatles Store on Baker Street. This street was pretty cool, as there were also Rock N' Roll shop, Maddam Tussauds and Sherlock Holmes museum. It was busy with lost of people there but what I was interested in was that little blue shop which had such cool things in it. There was Anthology CD playing, there were people wearing Beatles shirts and I knew this is my kind of place to be! It was really small but very homey. I loved the atmosphere. I bought Beatles badges and umbrella. It was pretty expensive but still worth it- I have and use them to this day.
I also went to see all the famous monuments, areas like Notting Hill etc.and I have to say I've fallen in love with this city. I hope to come back soon and if any of you are going to London, don't forget to visit these places!

London Beatles Store

No comments:

Post a Comment