Monday 7 September 2015

Paul's concert in Vienna

27th of June, 2013. Vienna.

I guess we all know the feeling when we dream of something so much and we think it will probably never happen. The same went for me, until I once checked Paul's tour dates and I saw there 'Vienna', city that is only 5 hours from my town. When I asked my parents if there's a possibility to go there and see Paul and they agreed I still didn't really believe something like that would happen. We bought tickets something about 4 months before the concert and I was thinking about it every day till the Day D. 


I couldn't really sleep the night before concert. Seeing the part of The Beatles seemed so unreal! Paul McCartney, the man who inspired so much and I'll see him performing tomorrow. I got my shirt done specially for concert and there was written ,,This man is my hero." A picture of Paul giving a thumb up and ,,This man is my hero" under that. When I came to Vienna I met many Beatlemaniacs smiling at me and my shirt and I knew now I am in a place that we could call Beatles heaven!

Me and my special shirt for the concert

Waiting in front of Ernst Happel


Few hours before the concert, as I was waiting in front of the Ernst Happel Stadium I heard Paul rehearsing! The first time I heard his voice live! I was extremely happy. 
Some time later I came to the stadium. It was so big and there were many people. I felt so small, just one of the fans from all around the world! 
Waiting for Paul to come was literallly like waiting for the best moment of my life. I was so excited. When he came to the stage, I just stared at him for minutes without words. After he played the first song, 'Eight days a week' I started crying like a baby! I couldn't keep my emotions anymore. I then cried for almost the full concert, but it were tears of joy. Maybe some tears of sadness too, realising this is maybe the first and last time I see Paul. (But it wasn't! I'll tell you later.) 
The concert was, as you'd expect, perfect. Although I didn't have the best seats, I felt the way I never did before. The first time in everything is always the special time. This first time of seeing Paul live was breathtaking. I didn't know if I wanted to cry, dance, sing or scream and so I did everything.
Paul was funny, trying to speak German and was joking as he always does. I loved his set list full of Beatles but also Wings songs. When he played Yesterday and I imagined the tall, thin Paul from 1964 performing Yesterday with his big guitar I cried even more! It was always him, just a bit older. But his spirit is still the same. Still so young. I mean, who would be able to sing and play for 3 hours while he's 71 years old? Sir James Paul McCartney!
Welcome Paul!


Crying a lot

This day was one of the best days in my life and I will always remember it as the special first time I saw my hero. I wish it to all the fans. It's a fabulous feeling that every true fan deserves.
Live and let die!

No comments:

Post a Comment